Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday and Saturday Baby Shower

We have a Sunday tradition of going to our parents' house for dinner. We go to mine one week and his the next. This week it was my parents. Unfortunately, Joe has the flu that I had earlier in the week so he stayed home. I took Little Bit with me so she can play with my mom & dad's 4 dogs. My dog is the one on the left and Poquita is on the right.
Here are Roo and Mouse:








Their other dog is Snowflake and she LOVES bread. Here she is begging for some:

My mom broke the L2 vertebra 4 weeks ago and has had to wear a brace ever since. She is doing pretty well, but still has a month to go. It is getting really old for her to stay home all the time. She spends most of that time in her bed or the recliner in the living room. She was able to go to Walmart yesterday and even went to the first hour of church today. YAY!! Hopefully the last month will fly by for her.


Yesterday I went to a baby shower for my friend Jamie. We have been friends since Kindergarten. It's the first time I've seen her in 4 years or so. It was great to catch up and see her family. In October I am going to Arizona to visit and go to a New Kids on the Block concert and act like 30 year-old idiots. :)


Oh, how things change.




2 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

Too much fun! Tell your poor mom we all said hi and missed her on Saturday! It was FABULOUS seeing you at the shower! You look great and are a joy to be around. There is a reason we have been friends for so long! I love you girl and I'm SOOOOOOO excited for us to make fools out of ourselves in October! WOO HOO! That pic is too funny! What the crap was I thinking with the shorts?! ;)-

VegasSage said...

Melissa, this is Aunt Ninny....I am lovin looking at these pixs of you kids...I remember you very well in those days...it was really good to see you at Jamie's shower.....love your blog...ta ta...A..Ninny