Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Day in the Life of a Hospital Nurse

I visited my grandpa in the hospital today after work. He's scheduled to go home Friday, but a lot of things have to be done to make it safe for him before then. I'll be spending the majority of tomorrow at his house with a lot of the family to get it all done. Grandpa and I talked a lot. I meddled a little because I am trying to end the 30 year issues in the family. I'm trying to be as neutral as possible. Grandpa was surprisingly open to my meddling. I'm going to think things over for a couple days and see what I can come up with to do about it. I just want peace in the family for once...

Something very funny happened while I was at the hospital. I had been there awhile and was getting ready to leave, but I wanted to make sure he was set before I did. He had just emptied out the last of the water from the pitcher so I was trying to figure out where to go to get it filled up again. I walked up to the only nurse at the station and asked where to go to get it filled. She told me the to go to the kitchen and gave me a number. I thought it was a room number, but after walking the hall for a bit I saw the kitchen with a keypad lock on it. I thought there was no way she gave me the code, but punched it in anyway. It opened right up and I filled it up. I walked back in and told Grandpa that I thought I just got in somewhere I wasn't supposed to be due to the fact that I was wearing scrubs. I said I was going to ask my mom how they usually fill it so I would know for sure. He had a good laugh. When I talked to my mom I found out that one of the nurses usual gets some ice and a bag of water and gives it to them to put in the pitcher. Hahaha... I guess wearing scrubs makes me special. LOL!

No comments: