Thursday, June 4, 2009

Feeling Smart and Stupid in the Same Day

So today after work I went to my grandpa's house to help with the "handicapping". There honestly wasn't too much for me to do, but I did help carry things out to the garage and cleaned out the nasty, smelly vacuum cleaner. Anyway, I asked my mom how grandpa was doing today. She said he was doing ok, and that he told her I came to visit last night. Then she told me that grandpa said I was a very intelligent young lady. Apparently he told Aunt Dawn the same thing. There's nothing like a compliment to boost both your day and your confidence.

When I got home I was able to look at my Calculus final exam online. I looked at it and called the professor. He confirmed my suspicion of the reasoning behind his failing policy. When I asked him to please change my grade he basically said no and if I was concerned about financial aid I would have to talk to the department chair. I called them and explained the situation. They said that there was nothing they could do about his policy. They did tell me that as long as I have a 2.0 GPA my financial aide won't be jeopardized. I 100% plan on appealing it even though the chair said they usually go by the syllabus. Even if I lose it will force them to look into his syllabus and policy and possible make some changes. I sure hope it does.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I can't wait until you update your blog. hint hint. :)