Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer...Finally

Well, at least it hasn't been a quite a month since my last blog. :D A month ago I only THOUGHT I was 4 days from finishing up the semester, but it turns out I only finished last Thursday. Apparently the professor made up a bomb of a test since the highest grade was a 54%. YIKES! I got a 43% which would've been a 80% if he had curved it. Unfortunately he decided that all that wanted to could take a make-up exam instead. I was grateful to have the second chance, but bummed because this would delay my "real" summer break. I didn't feel like I could dive into the growing stack of books I want to read (or re-read) until after I had taken the re-do. I spent a lot of time studying and only got 2 hours of sleep the night before. The was 17 problems and it took me 5 hours. I know that seems long, but on homework I could spend as much as 20 minutes on one problem. I'm just glad he doesn't give us a time limit. Anyway, I left the test feeling much better about it than the last one. He said we would have our grades today, but I'm not expecting a email from him this late so I guess I will just have to wait until tomorrow.

Work was crazy busy last week with us being closed on Monday for the holiday. We saw 139 patients in 2 full and 2 half days we were open. I always prefer to be busy because it makes the day go by faster. Unfortunately, we were not near as busy today and the day drug on forever! I sure hope it's better the rest the week, though tomorrow doesn't look very promising from what I saw of the schedule.

My grandpa is still in the hospital. He's in the rehab part now but he had a lot more problems than they first suspected. It will be 4 weeks Thursday since he was admitted. He is doing so much better. He actually is himself and can carry on normal conversation. He still has pneumonia and they are doing weekly scans to monitor the hematoma, but once those things clear up he will be transferred to a long-term care facility until he gets his strength back up.

Two weeks ago I had to go to the ER myself because I took a chunk out of my left ring finger with a pair of scissors when I was opening a package. I had to get a stitch. It's healed up real nicely. That is only the second time I have ever had stitches (besides my 2 ankle surgeries) and the first time was when I was 3 years old. I had fall back off of a stool and cracked my head open on the toilet. Ironically it was in the very same hospital that I went to this time. Man, I've lived here forever!

Over the weekend I spent WAY too much time on Facebook but found a whole bunch of friends from high school all the way back to before elementary school. It's been fun catching up and looking at their pictures. The only down side is that it has more than double the amount of blogs I need to keep track of. Oh well...

No comments: